Tuesday, August 29, 2017

`Aha Update #22 Connecting the dots with Common Magic

"Where are you going?" my old friend asked. I wrote back and told her the truth at the time. It was a version of the story ... "We have already been there."
 Imagining we are on the way helped shift something within me: a block, a clock stuck in a kink, a spring too tightly wound? Putting one, or two versions of the truth out there ... out here
 I forgot there are so many other dots on that hinged question ...
Close by and out of site I woke from sleep this morning, out of a dream with old friends a potter, a teacher, other island livers.  I checked the internet to find them like Spider Woman investigating a new arrival on her web.
Somehow the common magic of making a picture that works with no harm to the surroundings, joyfulness and traditions in a contemporary setting
is opening up space for what is missing

What if The Gods' magic is in the common glory of a glass crystal, battered good luck monster, stick people masquerading as pine needle dancers and Pete conjuring early morning infusions?

“The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” -- Ben Okri

Amen bruddahs and titas xoxo
Moki and Pete 

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Liz here....Today started as a question with many dots.....The group meeting with the PC country director cancelled after the UN rep on corruption declared non-gratis by the president, this opposed by the highest court, blockades all around and manifestations....all challenges to successful COMPLETION OF THE INITIAL PLAN....So, I bought my milk from the lady at the door, pasteurized it and started some yoghurt.....Yoghurt tucked in to grow at it's own pace, I came to work.....needing the internet, came into the town...the cafe not being open, waited with my notes....along came a coworker, and we talked.....waiting again, along came a man I have been hoping to meet with about medicinal gardens with the midwives....we talked to begin a process of collaboration rather than competition....then called US to pay two small bills hanging like toilet paper since I left in March....on to call another person to set up a meeting regarding the medicinal gardens.....and now here, with you......I am writing this in it's detail because although it started and continued to APPEAR as a series of blocks, it actually was life slowing me down until I could be in the right place, with the right person, with my brain in PRESENT mode.....this is of a piece with slowing down, which I've told you I've been working on consciously since 1985.....easier to do in small places, off the path.....the last place where I witnessed the power of what I now think of as FULL STOP LIVING was Palau, where (as here) it is almost impossible to make a US-style plan, with appointments that are kept.....the magic is that instead, the thing is to just carry the idea reverently, to be one small coral polyp, drifting in the current at the proper phase of the moon, until Ke Akua, or God, or Allah, or "by whatever name you will, call him, he has many most excellent names", decides that THIS is the MOMENT............?....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzie!... you are the one friend who knows FULL STOP LIVING ... when she sees it ... from your point, your dot on this GREEN PLANET ... you can send me ... the next stop on the dots. Small ... coral ... polyp ... grow on. Eat ... your ... yoghurt!! xoxo Mokihana and Pete

      Delete
    2. Just re-read Liz's reply because I needed the refresher of not carrying out a US-style plan and the magic of the small coral polyp. Thanks again, mahalo nui dear Lizzie in Guatamela!

      Delete