Wednesday, September 20, 2017

`Aha Update #30 Editing Real-Life ... two days in a life

“The Real-World was a sprawling mess of a book in need of a good editor.” — Jasper Fforde


Monday we took the ferry off the island and headed south for Seattle. Before leaving Whidbey we did a couple errands in town. We had generous cash and check offerings to add to our Elsewhere fund. I did the deposit before Pete finished off with his post office errands. A card from another friend was in the mail. I opened the envelope and found a colorful painting of the Talk Story Bookstore on Kauai, in Hawaii. The card was from one of our magical Margarets, this one lives in Saint Paul, Minnesota. "To celebrate "Lucky 13" ... here is a token of my love, support and gratitude!" A very generous check written to both Pete and myself slid from the card to mark the 13 years of our September wedding. Our old fashion fund raising process continues to work. We are so grateful for all these tokens of faith and financial support dear friends and family.

We were headed for an appointment with my NAET Practitioner, a woman who has helped me since I was first diagnosed with EI/MCS in 2007. It was this woman who also 'muscle-tested' me and worked with each of the materials we researched for building the vardo; some choices were good, some weren't. For a year we worked together to find middle ground through the steep learning curve of adjusting and re-balancing from the affects of ill-fitting choices and chemicals in general. With her help Pete and I built a sacred space where the tao of architecture applies itself in our lives daily/nightly. We were able to sleep restfully without ill effects in Vardo for Two from day one thanks in large part to this practitioner's skill at 'editing.'

We left Whidbey early enough to make two stops before my appointment. First, a Watering Hole stop. For years Pete came to this public artisan well to fill glass bottles of all sizes with water. He has unloaded dozens of empty glass bottles, stood in line for his turn at the spouts of pouring fresh water and then reloaded them into the car. Yesterday we stopped to leave bottles that we can not bring with us. Rather than take the bottles to the recycle center where they would be crushed, a woman in line became the lucky recipient of glass water jugs she can bring to the Watering Hole again and again. The second stop was a pleasure stop to an old favorite bakery in West Seattle where we indulged in a bit of pastry. Yum.
Pete unloading water bottles at the Watering Hole

The presence of ao real clouds on our way to Seattle on I-5
Monday's road trip went well, we felt in the flow with real life: old school channels of abundance working, family of clouds promising change, giving back to the Gods for the no-cost watering hole, giving away the unnecessary water bottles, traffic and freeways, and receiving an energetic 'tune-up' with my NAET practitioner. I hesitated keeping that NAET appointment, giving the excuse that we can't afford it. But, the universe and Pete did not allow hesitation and I couldn't cancel the appointment on the weekend ... no one there to receive my call. I followed through instead and received the treatment and the editing I needed. The treatment provided me this clarity: my brain and spinal cord (the body-brain connection) were way out of whack. 

"It's like your 911 was not working," my practitioner offered.
I said, "It's actually like my 911 was so overloaded my body did not know how to respond!"
She agreed, "You just didn't have enough (energy) left to do anything else." That's what happens to many of us who live with EI/Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. System overload. With her well-honed and good natured talent my NAET practitioner identified fungicides as the chemical creating havoc. Throughout the years of NAET treatment I had been cleared and boosted against pesticides and herbicides but had not been treated for fungicides. Yesterday, we changed that. 

Editing real life is an ongoing sort of activity; two steps forward one step back. Like the hinged question that leads from here to there and then to there yesterday's road trip has led to now. The fungicide clearing frees up my brain and spinal cord freeway that can get congested with the heavy traffic of chemical use. It's likely I will deal with fungicides as well as pesticides and herbicides again but to know there is help ... that is a gift! An old pal loved telling me, "Don't spit in the eye of the Gods! (Love the gifts)"

Last evening (Tuesday, September 19th) we gathered at The Muliwai The Water's Edge aka Sunlight Beach on Whidbey's West-facing side. There at our wahi pana our sacred place three of my favorite people and I ate homemade oatmeal pancakes loaded with freshly picked wild huckleberries and wild blueberries topped with warm Gravenstein applesauce and set our intentions for the new month ahead. That NAET treatment cleared space so I could be present for our new moon ceremony -- homemade, our favorite kind of ceremony. 
Three of my favorite people Angie Hart
(wearing the story teller's coat under her raincoat and over the Humboldt State hoodie),
 Prescott and Pete



The idea for this post of editing real-life is inspired by astrology. 

"...There’s a mask we are hanging onto that precludes the authenticity we need to attain what [are] our dearest desires. It’s outworn its use. It was useful. Now it is holding us back. Sabotaging our growth...
Set the intention to edit, even if you’re not sure what. We will edit for health, for reality. We will be on alert for the blind spot – the one we see in others first. When we find it, we will edit, root out self-sabotage..." - Satori

The Virgo New Moon Ceremony last evening lifted the mask of suffering from me. In its place the rainbow offered us such BRIGHT, PRESENT, COMMUNITY right here with us at the water's edge. Despite the squalls that settled on the island, we set a stage and Lono (whose rainy season approaches) presented himself in the form of a double rainbow. Social interaction -- simple, common, mysterious and ineffable -- editing in real life left us with the essentials. Self-sabotaging falls away on its own, and then last night in my dreams my Ma came. We shared Dream Time, and once again I heard her dear voice. She comforted me with her company, her Pisces self. I had asked for connection with 'community kela, over there' as I faced the southwest while at The Muliwai. The Ancestors came. Mahalo nui, Ma.


Editing Real-Life
Yvonne Mokihana Calizar

The masks hang on pegs.
I practice editing,
Leave them metaphorically.

Rainbows present.
We pass a gift,
Part of the ceremony

A young teller arrives.
The coat is ready,
"Tell a little (more) every time."

Ask permission.
It's expected when telling 'shared' stories,
Be awesome with originals.


In place of a mask a coat and silver button held in place with a safety pin have the right someone to continue the work of common magic. The legacy of the Safety Pin Cafe is in good hands. For that we are joyful. Life is a messy story in need of skillful and good-hearted editors. Mahalo piha na `aumakua Thank you so much our Ancestors,

xoxo
Mokihana and Pete


No comments:

Post a Comment