Monday, February 12, 2018

"Breaking eggs to make cake"

"This will be a week of upset, though I wouldn't take that in a negative way.  You've got to break eggs to make a cake. And what about milkshakes? They wouldn't exist if the ingredients were not (violently) upset." - Elsaelsa Newsletter



There's a bitter-sweet irony to the astrology I found in my inbox this morning. The image of breaking eggs to make cake was clear to me; I love cake. I also know that for the past several weeks my guts have been sending me signals that it's time to reset the eating regime and cake needs to wait for awhile. Along with other foods that are best left off my menu, the reality is: I'm having withdrawals from food (I love to eat!) that make it tough on me. 

It's not the first time and probably won't be the last time I make adjustments to what I eat. Part of the sorting and adapting process of being MCS includes knowing what foods make for a friendly gut and 'happy' immune system. 

But this post is also about breaking eggs to make metaphoric and satisfying cake of another sort. Just so there's plenty of room for humor in this recipe, that's call it Sponge Blog Cake and not tempt my new resolve by finding some yummy looking cake to include here, or get so serious I lose track of the goodness. Yay for new moon intentions:)

Instead, the idea for Sponge Blog Cake is this:

I'm feeling the need to update my blog, and shift into a revenue-making approach in 2018. I could really use your feedback about why you read my blogs and what you find interesting enough to keep reading them. 

You'll notice a poll on the sidebar to the right. A couple minutes of your time will help me so much. There's a place for you to add your own reasons for reading these posts, too.

There are many steps to take to make my new Sponge Blog Cake, and it starts by cracking the eggs and being open to what feedback I get from you. 

Mahalo nui,
Moki and Pete


3 comments:

  1. I also read your blog because I love you and Pete, because it helps connect me to the earth and the stars and beyond and my herstory and so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I appreciate the feedback on the poll. THANK YOU also for the emails and thoughts you sent us to let me know how these blog posts affect you; they were really positive, specific and soulful. I will be looking closely at both these sorts of feedback as I organize a project that will link Hawaii with the Pacific Northwest. The rest of the week are 'Ole Po, moon phases of the Hawaiian Moon Calendar best used for editing, weeding, cleaning stuff up, resting, mending. I'll be doing some of those 'ole things.

    Mahalo nui, Mokihana and Pete

    ReplyDelete