Tuesday, July 3, 2018

This week

"Don’t look backward into the past to try to fix anything. Do take care of what crops up to be readdressed, but don’t go looking. This week’s Mars-Mercury situation is ripe for hotheaded confrontation, but don’t take the bait. Go for bigger picture action, cooperative action, creative thinking, finishing what you’ve started to make way for new plans down the road. Let it inspire you to cooperation over combativeness. Get fired up for creative inspiration. Make plans, plan art." - Weekly Forecast, Satori
I'm awake after a disturbing dream. To shake off the effect of it, I climbed from the comfy bed and a reassuring cuddle and dressed to take a walk down the steps to the 'other rooms' more than a hundred feet away. The sky is sparked with stars and planets. Traffic from the ferry tells me it's late, but not late enough for a ferry-free hour. The dogs across the fields were awake too. Disturbed by coyotes who have been taunting and doing damage to our neighbor's herd of sheep. The reality of hungry wild creatures.

As I left Pete still tucked under the covers, he said, "GO. Read the comics." That's his personal first stop any time he's awake after 11 P.M. Me? Not so much though I could really use a different venue for stress reduction. Instead where am I. Here. Gathering thoughts to replace the one that was so troubling.

Last week I made a decision to make changes to what I eat, and when I eat. An unexpected message from any unexpected source stirred and pointed me toward this new choice, a choice to eat to quiet inflammation. I've begun this eating plan before, and felt better while eating this way; but haven't stayed the course over the long haul. This time, the effects are quickly leading to that second line in Satori's weekly forecast. What's cropping up are emotional (old losses surface) and physical (a rash has raised itself around my mouth). Stepping away from pints of Lopez Island Vanilla Ice Cream is serious stuff!

I'm having withdrawals from the sugar and the old way of eating. It will be very helpful to keep a perspective of compassion and bigger picture with me. Being a hot head internally is just as bad, if not worse, than being a hot head with others. Satori's reminder, "Don't take the bait," becomes a mantra.

Any positive insight and experiences are welcome, like the beautiful images a friend is posting on FB of water spirits (thanks Chris), or 'nets' that I love in the ocean waters of Greece where she is, and in Waimanalo on the island of O'ahu which I have long loved. Wheww ... I could use a long gentle float in warm salty water.

What do you do instead of 'taking the bait'?

Tomorrow is Pete's birthday. "Firecracker Pete" ... There's a story floating around about that ... maybe you'll be lucky enough to hear it while you float in the big connecting ocean:) Here's one of those short takes of a Pete video to remember just what a guy he is.  Happy Happy Birthday coming up, honey!!



xoxo Moki



2 comments:

  1. Refreshing to see cool water. It's broiling in the Northeast.

    ReplyDelete