Tuesday, August 15, 2017

`Aha Update #16: One of these days (edited)*

The signs of seasonal change are happening: fallen maple leaves, undeniable coolness in the morning air, and a quickening in temperament. 


Our wish to 'head home to Hawaii' has been amended. Is that a good thing? Is that a bad thing? It grieves us to feel the difficulty in experiencing the amended answer, but, it's better to know before we get there: I can't breathe when vog or wild fire smoke reigns. 

"Are you going? Are you really going?" They wonder. 

"Yes," said Turtle with a calm surety. "Matter of fact I am going now." Her movements are small and slow, and often her activity is all within that dome shell of hers. What does go on there inside that shell?

There are details galore yet to handle, and the pieces of our complex puzzle have been jostled. Like a kaleidoscope the little pieces of colored glass have made a different picture with the same number of pieces. It's kinda like that for me. I wonder if it's quite the same for Pete who was asleep in the vardo as I search for the story that is mine to express. Now that he is awake, the story includes one very small piece, more. You see the story is never over, until it's over.


That piece has been missing for years. Pete found it yesterday when he sorted the garage and touched everything in his tool box. There in the top shelf, upper right, was that small, missing bit of trim. Essential? Maybe.*

We have made our wishes public, and shared them with our community, and here on Vardo for Two. The process of transparency; we have nothing to hide:) It's a messy process this, but we try to keep our wits about us and not burn bridges or shoot ourselves in the foot as we process good byes. 

Just after we finished building Vardo for Two Julie Genser interviewed us. We were freshly reborn to a new version of life. Much of what we described in the interview is still true for us; but, somethings have changed.  The environment changes, we kilo we notice, and then innovate from the comfort of our own tiny front porch. That's something!

Something very special happens when all the former definitions of your self, your security, your entitlements change. If you live to tell the story that special something is REBIRTH. Our journey is that, a piecing or peacing together of many 1) thoughts and beliefs, 2) emotions and feelings and 3) intuitive knowing. – Mokihana from the July 10, 2009  Interview "A Gypsy Life: Notes from the Diaspora" with Julie Genser 

One of These Days
Written by Mathhew Herschler and John Cruz

(Listen to John Cruz singing "One of These Days" )

One of these days in my own front yard
I'm gonna sit on my porch and rock
Walk on by if you see me sitting there
Or you can stop and talk
One of these days

Some folks think that living is sleeping in the city
Bringing home buckets of cash
Others, we're happy just sitting back
Not thinking 'bout who's coming in last
Me I just don't know where all the bustle's gonna lead
Got a bunch of nothing happening fast
But there's one thing I know, whether we go fast or slow

One of these days in my own front yard
Gonna sit on my porch and rock
Walk on by if you see me sitting there
Or you can stop and talk
One of these days in my own front yard
Gonna sit on my porch and rock
Walk on by if you see me sitting there
Or you can stop and talk
One of these days

Some folks think that living is sleeping in the city
Bringing home buckets of cash
Others, we're happy just sitting back
Not thinking 'bout who's coming in last
Me I just don't know where all the bustle's gonna lead
Got a bunch of nothing happening fast
But there's one thing I know, whether we go fast or slow
One of these days

One of these days in my own front yard
Gonna sit on my porch and rock
Walk on by if you see me sitting there
Or you can stop and talk
One of these days


Can you relate? Thanks for following the updates, and being the strong rope (`aha) in our lives.

xoxo Mokihana and Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment